In this video I demonstrate how to set or pitch my current camping tent – The Bushnell Instant Cabin Shield Series Tent. I chose this tent for several reasons:
- Easy set up and take down
- Light weight
- Compact packing for easy storage
- Tall enough (6″ plus) so I can stand inside
- Large enough for two people and plenty of camping gear
- Large vestibule (veranda) to enjoy the outdoors
- Openings for electric cables
- Opening for a portable air conditioner
In a future video I will show the take down and packing – often the most challenging part of camping!
A few things to consider
The tent is not perfect! Before setting out to camp, do consider the following:
- Waterproofing! My tent leaked quite a bit at the seams. I sealed all the seams and sprayed the fly sheet with water-repellant.
- Close the windows when it rains. The design allows for plenty of airflow and great views but zip the windows closed or you will take in water!
- A good ground sheet to protect the tent floor which is quite thin.
- It has little hanging space inside and the design does not allow for hanging heavy items from the center hooks.
Where to Buy
You can order the tent from Amazon.